Since few weeks ago, surviving at the temperature below 0... Suddenly thought of making Kaya...
Wanna make it since last week when I started to move into this new 'camp', but couldn't get any coconut milk here coz I'm staying at a 'special accomodation' which not so familiar to me.
Make kaya with mum for few times in Msia and also few times in UK when my parents came here for short visit. While most of the time, my dad help both of us to prepare some ingredient like getting coconut milk ready. All those memories are fun and 'tired' for our hand as we need to keep stirring right from beginning of the making until it become real kaya at the end. I miss that soo much..
Ingredient are mostly the same, but, not quite coz short of pandan leaves for this round. So, I already get my self prepared for a big failure of making kaya this round. I mentioned bout making kaya with Auntie Ling which I'm staying with now on last week as well. So, today when she is out, she got me a pack of coconut milk... Haha, nearly forgotten bout making kaya.
So, for today, everything on my own, well, real different... Coz there is no teamwork for that, all credit for myself. Haha... After dinner, Auntie Ling already keep saying when u wanna make kaya, quick... So, after my short break after dinner with CSI from Sky TV channel, started to prepare the eggs, sugar and coconut milk. Hmm, after 45 minutes, Kaya is there... Auntie Ling taste it before me, a bit nervous coz after all, this is my 1st attempt on my own... Luckily, I got pass...
Mummy and daddy, wanna tell u both that I make it finally... And successfully(coz the tase is also really kaya taste)... Yummy(altho not as yummy as with nice fresh pandan leaves)...
Wish I could send it back for you both to try it...
Muacks... Thanks for teaching me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
can i hav some then?
ReplyDeletecook for u next time^^haha...lots of chances tim...
ReplyDelete