Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Day at Yorky

It's almost the end of my UK adventure after the Aberdeen visit on 1st weekend of March.
Today's destination of interest will be York...

Everything just go on perfectly fine, as usual...
When firstly arrived at the train station, the sky just keep dropping it tears.
Leaving me no choice but the blue umbrella.

Step out to the street with the blue umbrella on my hand and looking up for the sign and direction of nearby interests and attractions.
The station situated so centrally in the heart of the town, never lost my direction even once in York, unlike Sheffield where I've lost my direction countless of times. Therefore, my first stop will be National Railway Museum.

It's special in the way that entering the museum requires quite a long queue. It never occured throughout my visit around UK, not to compare with the popular museum at France or Italy. So many nice trains until I'm confused a little in the end, haha... But it concludes a great museum visit for me. Well, eventually one slot of my camera gone. Insane isn't it?
Next, I just head off into the city centre.

Just following the sign, visited the castle area of York. Unique tower located up the hill. Although it's closed when I arrived the area as due to winter season, it open for visit til 3pm only. Still I climb up the stairs and take a few shots from high and also it's main entrance and down the stairs again. Continue on my journey, visited York Minster as well. For sure the little town shopping street. Each every town with it's own distinct taste and culture and for sure, own influence of it's building.

After stalking around town without specific purpose and some of the shops getting ready to close for businesses, I need to get some food for my dinner before heading back to Liverpool. Pass by the market zone where I'm lucky enough for the perfect timing where international market is setting up their stalls there. Ranges from foods to groceries and clothings. Wide selection of foods to choose from and finally decided to get Moroccon cuisine of their Kufta. Sort of their special tiny things like rice, but very small and round and also their traditional meatball. But the meatball wasn't round but is in flat as if homemade sausage. Seems to look ordinary but the taste is splendid unique. I get the small size to try, but end up I'm getting free size up as the owner gave too full and nor manage to cover well. Hence, he change into large container tray and add 2 or 3 meatballs for me... Hooray...

Alright, I know bit too long now. When heading back to station, found a special shop that sells wine n liquer. Tried some good and bad one for me. Grab few bottles as they customised into fancy nice bottles. Can treat as gift anyway. £34 gone for shopping on this. I get myself a bottle of water from a shop in the train station as I'm nearly thirst to death if I didn't get any Frappe from Starbucks in the noon. I arrived at train station at 1909 although my train to back Liverpool is 1939. Searching my platform and sitting alone on the seat as no one is there at the platform that early like me. Just open up the Kufta and enjoying by the railway... Feels so great and when the taste is so great, I just love my day. Enjoying my meal while watching some other trains departs from other platform infront of where i'm seating. At that moment, I can be so sure that none of this experiences of life can be found in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment